Jewelry Care Products
Tarnish is a thin layer of gray film that forms over copper, brass, silver and other semi-reactive metals. Tarnish is caused by a chemical reaction between the metal and a non-metal compound such as oxygen.
The best way to prevent tarnish is to keep your jewelry in an airtight container when you are not wearing it (like a ziploc bag). You may also apply a clear sealer to your jewelry, such as Allergy Shield. The Allergy Shield may eventually start to wear. If so, you can remove it with acetone (or nail polish remover with acetone) and reapply the Allergy Shield.
If your untreated jewelry begins to tarnish, buff it with Sunshine Polishing Cloth or a Polishing Pad. The Polishing Pad will also remove small scratches. Both items will last until they are completely black. The ShineBrite Silver Dip will remove the oxidation from your entire piece, so if you have blackened areas you want to keep, do not submerge it.
Click on any photo for more information.